Founded in 1997, North American Technician Excellence (NATE) is the nation’s largest non-profit certification organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration technicians. NATE is the certification organization governed, owned, operated, developed and supported by the entire HVAC-R industry.
NATE has a temp-to-hire opening for a Customer Service Representative at our office in Arlington, VA. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about NATE products and certifications.
Duties include the following:
• Maintain electronic records of customer interactions or transactions, using the computer to record details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
• Interact with customers by in-bound and out-bound telephone calls and email to provide information about certifications.
• Verify that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
• Communicate charges for certifications or arrange for billing.
• Refer unresolved customer grievances to appropriate staff for further investigation.
• Contact customers to respond to inquiries
• Update technician records for change of address, phone number, etc.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate's or BA/BS degree and at least two years' related customer service experience in a call-center setting. Good communication skills, a friendly demeanor, and attention to detail are requirements for success in this position.
This is a non-exempt position with an annual starting salary of $35,500 - $37,500 ($19.50 - $20.60/hr). The first thirty (30) days of employment are a preliminary period of intense training and review. Temporary staff who complete the thirty day period with a performance appraisal of meets or exceeds expectations will receive an offer of regular, full-time employment.
Interested candidates should go to www.ahrinet.org, click on the "about us" link, and use the "Careers" menu item in order to apply.